Use with Open Kettle fryers
618L, 718LCG, 718LFG
UL, CSA, NSF, CE
Comparing EZMelt and SF filtration systems
EZMelt Filters include a heating element to keep shortening warm. SF Filters do not include a heating element. This makes the EZMelt more convenient for Open Kettle and other fryers.
- If Zero Trans Fat shortening is used, the shortening gradually becomes thicker at normal bakery temperatures. This can lead to pump blockages and failures with standard filters. Keeping the shortening warm overcomes this problem. The EZMelt does this, the unheated SF models do not.
- When using SF model filters, you must filter shortening and pump it back to the fryer right away. If shortening is left in the filter for a long period it will become solid. It will be a difficult job to transfer this shortening manually to the fryer.
- SF models do not include a direct hose connection to the fryer, because instant refills (using the pump) require warm liquid shortening. Shortening needs to be added manually to the fryer.
- Refilling a fryer with shortening through a fixed connection to the fryer is faster and safer than any other method, such as dropping in shortening blocks. EZMelt models do this, SF models do not.
- EZMelts can refill shortening with a push of a foot pedal. No cutting and inserting solid shortening blocks directly to the fryer!